Learn 5 easy steps to How to Design a Successful Search Engine Optimization Plan and improve your website’s organic ranking.
You are reading this article probably because you want to learn about Search Engine Optimization techniques and tricks. Perhaps you want to promote your site and generate more leads, increase the revenue, and ultimately bring more business for your site.
Therefore, I gathered some information about search engine optimization subject which I hope you will get benefit from reading it.
Search engine marketing is using the search engines to drive traffic to your website. Consumers are using the internet and for the most part search engines to find what they are looking for. Therefore, it’s important for your business to have a website that has a good ranking in search engines.
How to Design a Successful Search Engine Optimization Plan
There are numbers of method you can use to market your website using the search engines; however, I will only cover those that are free of charge in this article.
Organic Search Engine Optimization
This is probably the most common search engine marketing strategy for your website. There are enormous amount of information on the web about organic search engine optimization; however, which one will work for your site?
Learn from my mistake. It won’t happen over the night. You must have a good plan for your website optimization process and dedicate yourself to that plan. Therefore, it’s important to have a well-planed search engine optimization strategy to reduce your chance of failure. Today, there are so many FREE TOOLS available to you that you can use to create a successful plan for your site such as Google Webmaster Tools, Good Keyword and many more.
I have divided the search Engine optimization planning into 5 major steps.
1. Decide which search engine you want to focus on. I would suggest start with Google, Yahoo, MSN respectively and Lean as much as you can about these search engines. For example, learn what is important to Google and use it your advantage. These information are usually published at their sites and it’s available to the public. In addition, there are thousands of methods that have been patented by USPTS and it’s available to you for FREE which you can study and learn from it.
2. This is an important part of your plan. You have to be realistic. Select your target keywords as narrow as possible. Why? Because if you choose very wide keywords you are diminishing your chance of being successful in your project. Remember, you are not the only one that is trying to optimize his or her site and those who started before you are ahead of the game. So be patient and start from the button and get to the top.
3. Identify you competitors and find out about their strategies. By doing a simple search on Google you can find your competitors and discover their strategies and secrets. Using methods like number of incoming links to the website, website’s contents, number of pages and-est. learn as much as you can about them.
4. Once you have identified all the search-terms it’s time to start the optimization process from your home page and other important pages on your site. In this step prepare the Meta tags, keywords, heading, contents, link tags- Remember, search engine optimization is divided into two major parts; inside optimization and outside optimization. Please note; do not neglect to put relative Meta tags and content for your pages. Although, search engines such as Google, and Yahoo do not put a high value on Meta tags anymore, however not-having Meta tags can reduce your ranking up to 1%. Don’t say 1% doesn’t matter, when you are competing with more than one million pages.
5. Once you have figure-out your Meta tags, Keyword, and contents, it’s time to start the real and more challenging step “outside optimization”. The best and most effective method which so fare has been proven the top strategy for search engine optimization is linking strategy. But be careful of who you are getting link from and to whom you are linking from your website. I suggest link to those sites that offer something valuable to your visitors and exchange link with websites that are in the same market as you are. Link exchanging is beneficial but it can also be harmful. Search engines such as Google puts value on all incoming links to each web page and recognizes them as a vote from one site to another site. Linking strategy is a very complicated and critical subject and I would suggest that you do some research on your own before starting this process and find the best strategy for you site. I have another article “Top 20 SEO Tips and Guidelines” which you can download from my site and in that article I will go over the details of Top 20 SEO Tips and Guidelines.
I hope that by now you have a better vision of How to Design a Successful Search Engine Optimization Plan and If you need any information you can always go to my website http://www.webstaffs.com and click on learning center, or you can subscribe my website and get all the details you need to optimized you site.